I’m a saver. Take a look at this CCN conference materials binder from 2003! It’s been in my office, on the bookshelf ever since. It’s from the first ever CCN conference, an in-person event held in Virginia Beach, VA. Next week, I will attend the sixth CCNI conference, a virtual event called Maximize, September 29 – October 1.
I have great memories from that first conference in 2003. I remember the excellent breakout sessions (and got cassette tapes to review after!). I remember the joy we shared over connecting with like-minded coaches from around the country and globally (I met Christian coaches there from the UK and Germany). I remember putting faces the names of my fellow coach training students and instructors. I remember meeting Gary R. Collins and other leaders in the Christian coaching industry. I remember singing together, united in worship. What a wonderful event that shaped me both professionally and personally!
And look how far things have come!
Some things have changed – the organization is now Christian Coaches Network International.
But the potential for impact remains the same – both personally for individual coaches and collectively for the field of professional Christian coaching.
I’m anticipating all the sessions to be valuable, but here is a sample of the 20+ speakers you will hear next week:
- Jane Creswell
- Christopher McCluskey
- Kim Avery
- Tony Stoltzfus
- Keith Webb
- Jonathan Reitz
- Tanya Smith
And here is a sample of almost 30 topics to be addressed next week:
- Coaching Christian Business Leaders
- The Fine Line Between Leadership Coaching and Consulting
- Coaching with Questions for Jesus
- Public Speaking for Influence and Impact
- Four Reasons Your Coaching Business is Failing (and how to fix it!)
- Creating Opportunities to Coach Clergy
- Systemitizing your Coaching Business
- The Must-Haves: Ethics and Morality in Your Coaching Business
- Team and Group Coaching: Tips, Tricks and Accelerators